Precautions for Using Refrigerated Containers
During the use of reefer containers, it is necessary to pay attention to correct operating methods, reasonable temperature settings, timely cleaning and maintenance, etc., to ensure their normal operation and cargo safety. The following are the precautions for using reefer containers:
(1) Before using reefer containers, the appearance, interior, refrigeration devices, data recorders, etc. should be checked for completeness. If there is any damage or malfunction, it should be repaired or replaced in a timely manner. When connecting the power supply or diesel generator of the reefer container, the voltage and frequency should be checked to ensure they meet the requirements. If necessary, a transformer or voltage regulator should be used.
(2) When setting parameters such as temperature, humidity, and ventilation for reefer containers, appropriate modes and functions should be selected based on the type and requirements of the goods to avoid overcooling or overheating. When transporting fresh fruits, vegetables, etc., the fresh air outlet should be opened in a timely manner for ventilation and exchange; When transporting frozen goods, the fresh air outlet should be closed; When transporting cooled goods packaged in cardboard boxes, timely ventilation should be carried out according to the outdoor temperature and humidity conditions to keep the air inside the box dry and avoid condensation on the outer surface of the packaging box.
(3) During the packing process, strict loading and stacking guidelines should be followed, with attention to evenly distributing the goods, leaving sufficient air circulation space, avoiding blockage of refrigeration devices and ventilation openings, and reducing the cooling power of refrigeration equipment.
(4) When monitoring the operation of reefer containers, the display of the data recorder should be checked regularly. If there are any abnormalities, they should be dealt with or reported in a timely manner.
(5) When unloading goods, attention should be paid to turning off the power or diesel generator, disconnecting the connecting wires, and storing them properly. Timely check the original quality of refrigerated or frozen goods and explain it on the waybill.
(6) When cleaning and disinfecting reefer containers, attention should be paid to using appropriate cleaning and disinfectants, and thoroughly drying.
The above information is for reference only. If you need more information, please consult a professional.